Godfrey Electric Inc. laid its foundation in 1950 when Albert Godfrey Sr. built Godfrey Electrical Contracting after returning home from World War II and spending time working in the electrical field with various contractors, as well as along side his father-in-law Joseph McMullen.
Twenty-three years later, Albert Godfrey Jr. and Joe Godfrey Sr. followed in the footsteps of their father and began their Electrical Contracting career after serving their time in school and in the field. In 1978, Godfrey Electric Inc. was born as both Albert Godfrey Jr. and Joe Godfrey Sr. became partners in the firm and assumed full control in 1985 after Albert Godfrey Sr. retired from the industry.
Years later Godfrey Electric Inc. welcomed both Tad Godfrey and Joe Godfrey Jr. who currently assume the positions of President and Vice President, working together to carry on the legacy that was established in 1950, consistently pushing the pace of the electrical industry. (Right to left; Joe Godfrey Sr., Albert Godfrey Jr., Albert Godfrey Sr. & Tad Godfrey, Joseph McMullen)
Al Godfrey Sr. with his 1956 Bel Air at the foundation of where Godfrey Electric was built.
One of Godfrey Electric's first running advertisements marked a new era for our venture in the electrical industry.
Godfrey Electric's office space was first erected in 1953 and still stands today in the same location.
The foundation for present day Godfrey Electric Inc. was laid by our founders when Al Godfrey Sr. and Jospeh McMullen took on the challenge of establishing their own Electrical Contracting firm in the 20th century.